Skip to main content

Opening Day

   Opening Day! 

      Up with the sun
      I'm on my way,     
      Rushing to my school, 
      It's the opening day !
        
      Holidays are over 
      But I'm not at all sad. 
      Would you like to know 
       What makes me so glad ?

        New shoes,  new bag,
        My uniform is new; 
        New books, new class, 
        A new class-teacher too! 

        So everything is new 
        And that is really fine. 
        Yet, What's old, and goods as gold
         Are the good old friends of mine!   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Moonbeam Comes

  Deep in the night;    When all is still,    A moonbeam climbs the window-sill.   Over your bed;    It softly flies,    To see if sleep has closed your eyes.      A pinch of gold;    Some fairy land,    Is clasped within that moonbeam's hand.    And if by chance;    Your are not asleep,    It comes tip-toe on gentle feet.    To touch your eyes;   With golden beam,    And take you to the land of dreams . 

A Happy Child

Enjoy this poem      My house is red - a little house     A happy child am I .     I laugh and play the whole day long.      I hardly ever cry.            I have a tree, a green, green tree,      To shade me from the sun;      And under it I often sit,      When all my play is done. 

The Laburnum Top

                                   -Ted Hughes  The Laburnum top is silent, quite still  In the afternoon yellow September sunlight,   A few leaves yellowing , all its seeds fallen.       https://www.pexels.com/search/the%20labu     rnum%20tree/  Till the goldfinch comes,  with a twitching chirrup  A suddenness, a starlement, at a branch end.  Then sleek as a lizard, and alert, and abrupt,   She enters the thickness, and a machine starts up  Of chitterlings, and a tremor of wings, and trillings-  The whole tree trembles and thrills.   It is the engine of her family.   She stokes it full, then flirts out to a branch-end  Showing her barred face identity mask  Then with eerie delicate whistle-chirrup whisperings  She launches away, towards the infinite   And the laburnum subsides to empty.